Friday, March 20, 2009

Internet Explorer 8 won't be my browser, but it might be ok for my users

Image Credit: lejoe
It's really funny reading through my RSS feeds yesterday, all were praising the release of Internet Explorer 8. Every other post touted IE8's interface improvements, speed, security, standards compliance, and all around awesomeness. Today, however, every other post reads "Internet Explorer 8 is not as fast as we thought" or "IE8 already hacked" or "IE8 turns out not to be the coolest thing since sliced bread."

I haven't used IE for any purpose other than testing in years, but even I got excited when I heard how much better it is supposed to be than its predecessors. Still, you won't see me rushing to replace Chrome or Firefox anytime soon. I may however push IE8 to my client machines because I can't trust all of my users take my advice and use a quality browser like Chrome or Firefox. I want them to have a positive internet experience. I want it to be fast, and it absolutely must be secure. If IE8 can get them a little closer, I'm going to do what I can to give it to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment